Monday, April 25, 2016

You Can't Out Train a Bad Diet

Getting fit is not as easy as it sounds.  There are plenty of reasons that people come up with for not succeeding.  At the same time there are many reasons to keep going.  After 2 months into this change of life that I am currently undergoing.  I have come to learn many things.  The most important one is that you can not out train a bad diet.

A bad diet is what is holding many back.  I for one am still fighting this issue.  I will eat great for most of the week, then the weekend comes.  It just so happens that I have found it difficult to keep the diet in check during the last 2 or 3 days of the week.  Why is this? 

The weekend is a time for cookouts, going out and eating at restaurants.  This post is about keeping your diet in check during the hard times.  Motivation is what many of us need.  Motivation Monday is all about starting the week out right and keeping your focus all week long.  How can we do this.  I go back to what my cousins told me two months ago.  If you can get up and go to the gym each day for 2 weeks, it will become habit.  I can tell you from my personal experience that this statement is true.  In fact if I don't go, I actually start to feel guilty that I cheated myself. 

What can I eat on Mondays to kick start my diet after a bad weekend? 

There are many so called experts that will try to sell you on a few things.  They will say things like go on a juice cleanse or low carb meals, some may even tell you to skip a meal or two.  All these things are pit falls that you need to avoid.  Never, ever skip a meal especially breakfast.

Breakfast

This is the most important meal of the day.  That saying is something you have heard over and over again.  It just so happens to be the most important statement ever when it comes to dieting.  I like to start my week with 2 eggs scrambled or poached on a bed of baby spinach.  Saute the spinach in olive oil and garlic.  If you feel that you need a little meat in your meal, add a couple links of Turkey Sausage.

Lunch

Stick to protein and leaves.  I know it sounds like your about to eat a meal fit for rabbits.  Here you can try a 4oz Chicken Breast grilled with some baby spinach and kale.  Or add in some broccoli for a great source of fiber.

Dinner

Brown rice and Salmon are on the menu here.  You need a great source of fiber and protein to round out the day.  Remember its about getting back on track after a weekend of indulging.

A few other pointers before closing.

Remember to drink plenty of water.  You need to drink a minimum of one gallon of water each day.  This may sound like a lot and it is, especially starting out.  Its not going to be easy, but nothing worth having comes easy.  You need to work at it and keep working.  You don't want to lose all the great results that you have achieved.  If you have any great fitness or diet tips please leave them in the comments below.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment