Losing weight does not have to be boring. In fact if its done right anyone can drop the pounds and still enjoy the great foods they love. If you are currently on a weight loss journey, have you tried high protein foods. This is because as you cut back on calories your body will be using protein to compensate. By increasing your daily protein intake, you help your body build lean muscle mass and remain in a healthy state.
I know that most of head of low carb, high protein diets. They do work, I even tried one and lost weight, the problem I had was maintaining. Nope, do not think that you cant maintain a high protein diet, but its a bit harder to eat those foods on a regular basis and not suffer from cravings.
Benefits Of High Protein
How much protein is needed and what are the benefits. Well for starters your body needs more protein as you diet. The less calories you take in, the more protein your going to need. Research has show that a 200 pound person, should consume about 135 grams of protein per day. Now on to the benefits of a high protein diet.
- Losing weight while enjoying burgers and steaks. This has to be the reason why so many dieters tried the Atkins or Zone diets.
- These diets work! Another great benefit.
- You feel less hungry because your body starts burning fat for fuel to keep going.
- Putting your body into a state of Ketosis. This is not healthy and can cause some serious health issues including but limited to Nausea and headaches.
- Cholesterol. Eating fatty meats such as beef can put a increase on your cholesterol numbers. If you are going to try a diet like this, then its recommended that you pick lean meats.
- Not sustainable. If you deprive your body of certain foods such as carbs and fats you will start to crave them. Then when you react on the cravings, your weight will show.