Did you come here looking for directions on how to brew some of your Kombucha. Just follow the directions below and you may exactly what you need to save money and enjoy some great tea.
1. First thing you need to do is head to your local supermarket. Make sure it has a Organic section because that is where you may find some GT Original, Raw Kombucha.
2. Drink about half the jar. Yes, this is a win, win situation for all.
3. Brew about 2 cups of black or green tea. Make sure it is caffeinated. Your SCOBY is going to need the caffeine, mix about 1/4 cup of organic sugar with the tea.
4. Make sure you allow the tea to cool to room temperature. Too much heat will kill all the bacteria needed to create the Kombucha Culture.
5. After the tea has cooled, mix with the remaining Kombucha left in the bottle that you bought.
6. Cover the container with a coffee filter, or an old t-shirt. Secure it in place with a rubber band. This will allow the mixture to breath, and not allow any bugs into the drink.
7. Place it somewhere where it wont be disturbed and out of direct sunlight. Leave it be for about 2 weeks.
8. After approximately 10 to 14 days you will see the SCOBY start to form on top of the tea. Now, you have a SCOBY and its time to start making your own KOMBUCHA!
Congratulations. You have created a Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast!
Check back for instructions on brewing KOMBUCHA!