Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Getting Started: Looking for the Motivation!

Lets start this in the beginning.  I have been wanting to lose weight for quite sometime now.  I know your probably thinking that we all have.  Well, may be true.  The hardest thing that I found is to just get started.  I say this because losing weight is actually easy after that.  For some of us we just need something to get us going.

For me the motivation came from work.  They have a "Biggest Loser" competition at work.  It lasts 10 weeks and the winner recieves $200 cash and 2 paid days off from work.  That might be enough motivation to get anyone started.  For me it was enough.  Not to mention that they also have an on-site fitness center and that cuts out the cost of joining a gym.

I started this competition weighing in at 293 pounds.  I started the first week out by losing 10.5 pounds.  I was excited about this.  The way I started was cardio, cardio, cardio.  Also I cut my food intake down to about 1200-1500 calories per day.  This was down from well over 3000 daily calories.  I was eating 2 or 3 slices of pizza and a dozen chiken wings about twice a week.  I would also squeeze in a few cheeseburgers and all the soda I could drink. 

I had to cut out the soda, pizza and wings.  Dropped away from all fried food.  I started going to the gym daily after work.  The reward came in the way of weight being dropped off.  The amount of weight 10.5 pounds kept me going for the next week.  We are currently in the 6 week of the competition and I will be writing more each day.  This is get you all upto date and then it will be weekly updates and just a few other posts as too help others with motivation.

Remember that losing weight comes down to a simple equation.  Calories in < Calories out = pounds lost.  Also, you have to keep in mind that there are 3500 calories in 1 pound of fat.  So, if your ready to start losing then keep reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment